PRACTICAL DETAILS and FAQs
Hunts take two hours, with some additional time beforehand for waiver-signing and instructions and afterwards for tallying the scores, for a total of 2 1/2 hours. Bonus points are given for most creative and clever team name, so start thinking!
This hunt takes place entirely outdoors, rain or shine. Please come prepared with a water bottle and comfortable shoes. You’ll be covering a lot of territory.
YES on the hunt:
– Toronto history
– national level history
– learning about famous figures from the past
– statues, monuments
– gothic architecture, stone carvings, gargoyles
– physical remnants of history
– some ghost stories
– some stories of murder and betrayal
– some stories of heroism in the face of adversity
– purportedly true ghost stories
– true and real history: some of it dark and grisly, some of it dark and funny
– 8000 steps OR a 3-4 km walk: wear good shoes / boots and dress for the weather. It’s getting colder!
– approximately 20 tricky questions, one at each of the sites you need to find
NO, not on the hunt:
– no actors
– nothing fake
– no zombies or vampires
– no ghosts that you will see
– no fake blood, no fake hauntings